Five-Star Hickory Roofing Service
A roof system is like a complex puzzle for most homeowners with many unanswered questions. While every home is furnished with a roof, most people do not have a clue of how their roof works. As a Hickory roof repair and replacement contractor, we are here to explain how your roof is made up and the ways it helps to keep the interior of your home and family protected.
A Roof System is More Than Just Shingles And Needs a Premier Roofer in Hickory to Maintain it Properly!!!
A roofing system is many different components integrated together that need to seal, defend, and breathe in order to optimally protect your home. These different components rely on each other to perform their own task so the entire roofing system can function together harmoniously. A problem with one of the layers causes the ripple effect to begin and things can get out of control quickly if they are not repaired by a top-rated contractor for roof repair in Hickory ASAP.
A RoofSystem is Composedof These Elements:
- Roof Decking – The wood boards that are attached to the trusses or joists of a home. The different layers of roofing materials are then attached to the roof decking.
- Roofing Underlayment – Felt or synthetic ice and water shield are used to add an extra barrier of waterproof protection between the roof decking and the roof shingles. It is used in critical areas such as the eves and valleys.
- Roof Shingles – Individual overlapping pieces that are usually flat and rectangular-shaped; typically made from materials such as asphalt, wood, tile, concrete, metal, and more.
- Attic Ventilation – Allows heat and moisture to escape to defend your roof from early deterioration.
- Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles – The finishing touch that adds architectural depth and dimension to your home while protecting against leaks at the hips and ridges.
Even the best roofing materials that were installed properly need maintenance from time to time to get the most life out of them. The most significant thing you can do to keep your roof in good working condition is to have it properly inspected and maintained. As a GAF, Certainteed, and Owens Corning Factory-Certified Roofing Contractor in Hickory, we will inspect your roof and make sure everything is working cohesively.