Choosing quality roofing over a cheaper roofing option is a worthy investment as it gives you greater protection, durability, increased home value, and other important benefits. When starting a roofing project, it’s important to choose only the best quality materials and roofing contractors.
Are you a homeowner looking to replace your roof or a homeowner looking to build a new one? Are you new to roofing and don’t know what the advantages are to quality roofing jobs?
Keep reading to learn all about quality roofing and what it has to offer.
What Does Quality Roofing Offer
Quality roofing offers a wide array of benefits, ranging from protecting your home to increasing curb appeal. When you choose higher-quality products and hire quality help, you can expect to see great results from your investment.
- Protects Your Home
Choosing a quality roofing material helps protect your home from the elements, like severe rainstorms and windstorms. A poor-quality roofing job can subject you to a lot of damage. You can also purchase quality roofing materials that are fire-resistant, depending on their composition.
Fire-resistant roofing materials are graded on a Class A, Class B, and Class C scale, with Class A performing the best. Some examples of fire-resistant materials are asphalt-composition shingles and concrete roofing, among others. For more information, contact your roofing contractor.
- Saves You Money Long Term
Investing in quality roofing can be a lot of money upfront, but the payoff is worth it in the end. When you choose a material that lasts for a long time and is installed correctly, you will be able to go for much longer before you have to replace your roof.
Cheap, poorly placed shingles will fall apart quicker, which costs more in maintenance and also your monthly utility bill. A quality roof is less likely to let in outside air, which can make heating your home significantly cheaper during the colder months.
- Increases Home Value
A home is an investment, and choosing to add a quality roof to your house will undoubtedly increase the home’s value. This matters greatly when it comes it comes to reselling, and you may be able to fetch a higher sales price due to your quality roof when it comes time to sell.
- Increased Durability
Quality roofing materials offer strong, lasting durability that is all the better for protecting your home and lowering your maintenance costs. While roof damage and leaks can happen to any roof, you can greatly increase your chances of not having one by investing in quality roofing.
Here is a list of the most durable quality roofing materials:
- Slate tiles. Slate tiles have impressive durability, with a lifespan of approximately 125 years. Due to the natural heaviness of these tiles, they are not likely to blow off during windstorms. However, their price reflects this as slate can be very costly.
- Clay tiles. Clay tiles are also extremely sturdy, with a lifespan of up to 100 years. They are also heavy, adding to their durability. Like slate, this material is more expensive.
- Metal roofs. Metal roofs can be made out of galvanized steel, copper, and other materials, making them hardy and built to last. Their expected life span ranges around 40 to 80 years, and their metal composition makes them less at risk of damage.
- Luxury/Designer/Premium asphalt shingles. These are asphalt shingles with multiple layers, offering much-improved durability and heaviness. Their life span is expected to be around 30 years.
- Energy Efficient
Along with cost savings, quality roofing also saves you energy too through lessened heating and cooling needs and roofing options like solar panels. Solar roofs have been specially created with energy savings in mind, along with other roofing choices like cool roofs.
Solar is a great quality roofing choice. Solar roofs are made of slim photovoltaic sheets that either are installed on top of already-existent roof shingles or installed to replace the shingles completely. These sheets absorb the sun’s rays, transforming them into energy for the home.
Cool roofs work by cooling the roof of your home with bright and reflective colors instead of the darker colors that are more typically chosen for roofing projects. As these bright colors reflect the sun’s rays, your home will stay cooler for longer and save you energy in cooling costs.
- Increases Curb Appeal
When choosing a roof for your home, you likely want to choose something that draws the eye, and that is easily achieved with quality roofing choices. The look of more expensive roofing materials, such as slate and luxury asphalt shingles, has an attractive look that is hard to miss.
You can still enjoy the looks of a beautiful roof without paying the premium price for slate or luxury shingles. Choosing quality asphalt shingles in trending color palettes can help curb appeal. Aim for eye-catching variances in texture and color.
Hiring a Quality Roofer
In order to have a quality roof, you will need a quality roofer who has the credentials and attention to detail that the job demands. The cheapest option isn’t always the best option, so make sure you do your due diligence when choosing a roofing contractor.
Some signs of a quality roofer include:
- The right credentials. Make sure your roofer has been certified and licensed. Looking at their reviews online and through the BBB also can clue you into their work ethic.
- Attention to detail. Roofing requires a steady hand and a sharp eye; their work should be uniform and neat.
A quality roof is an investment well worth the cost and time due to the many benefits you receive in return. Quality matters when it comes to your home, and you shouldn’t settle for less.
For more information on quality roofing, you can contact our roofing experts at Tar Heel Construction Group, LLC today at (410) 638 – 7021.